Powertrain Engineer will be responsible or the system / component / feature and the delivery within the project Plans, Delivers the product development to project team lead by using defined processes and methods and tools. The successful person will report the progress and status of their project internally (within the project team and towards line organization) and externally (towards customer for the overall project or focused on the development discipline). Will be a member of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and is the primary internal and external interface for their project within the overall project.
- Identify, agree and implement feature specification.
- Identify key system features and specification requirements.
- Review and report on design proposal and implementation.
- Ensure all project stakeholders are aware of the proposals (CAD, CAN, EDS, Architecture, build).
- Review specification with supplier(s) to ensure compliance.
- Create and maintain deliver plan, in line with Project delivery.
- Prepare, publish and seek approval for feature delivery plan.
- Ensure compliance of the delivery plan with the customer emergence process requirements.
- Progress feature in line with emergence plan.
- Agree a test and sign off plan with client and execute
- Specify deliver/test plan and detail requirements.
- Instigate prototype and pre-production build support
- Demonstrate full functionality of feature.
- Liaise will all stakeholders to prove specified requirements are met (Electrical, Package, Quality, Functionality).Fault finding, Problem solving, and feed back
- Implement test plan.
- Confirm test progress and progress to formal feature sign-off.
- Update progress, close problems, sign off tests.
- Maintain feature delivery plan plan.
- Degree in Engineering and or a Professional with Engineering relevant experience.
- Experience working in the Automotive ECU development
- Proven project experience in similar industry or direct experience of similar project delivery.
- Product development process knowlegde (from R&D to manufacturing).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner
- Free Thrive app access
- Workwear provided
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Purchase more holiday days
- Company Vehicle + Bonus
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.