Head of Software Project Management (m/f/diverse)
We are looking for you to support our business area Autonomous Mobility at the location Neu-Ulm, Lindau or Riemerling. In this area, we bring new technologies for advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD) for our German OEMs on the road!
As Head of SW Project Management (m/f/diverse), you will orchestrate the SW Engineering activities for various ADAS / AD projects related to one dedicated German OEM. With a highly motivated team you will ensure the delivery of the agreed functionality within time, cost and scope by following the well-defined quality goals. You will ensure that our team members are collaborating, you will encourage them and praise their successes. Furthermore, you will offer feedback to improve the team's performance and support them in case of complex project situations.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Ensure people management and assigning of resources in your organization
- Ensure in-time deliveries with high quality of accountable software projects to an OEM
- Define customer related project management strategies across all relevant projects
- Take over responsibility for software product management, including requirements management and facilitation activities in an
agile environment for all accountable software projects
- Establish a very good network and relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Define and manage processes with relevant base projects to get the necessary base features in time and in the right maturity
- Manage project distribution with supporting locations in Romania, Hungary and India
- Ensure project transparency for all work packages from customer requirements until test case coverage
- Academic degree in engineering, natural science or comparable
- Technical or disciplinary leadership experience desired
- Several years of professional experience in automotive and/ or embedded software development
- Experience as software project manager or similar
- Experience with distributed teams is beneficial
- Experience in agile environment like SAFe is beneficial
- Very good English language skills, written and spoken
- German language skills are a plus
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work in international, distributed teams
- Proactive, agile and solution-oriented mindset
- Leading by example attitude
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
What we offer:
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry
- An attractive compensation package that comes along with unique flexible working conditions like hybrid work, flexible working time, sabbaticals that help you to balance work, family and spare time
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another
- A large selection of internal and external training measures, supported by our group-wide learning platform and regular feedback meetings as part of our talent management
- A comprehensive range of additional benefits, such as various sports and wellness offers, JobRad and sick pay supplement
- Support for child care, subsidies for child-sick days and much more
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.