Process Engineer - Compounding
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Process Engineer – Compounding to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- The Mix Department Process Engineer – Compounding provides ongoing technical support to the raw material mixing department.
- The position requires extensive knowledge and experience in rubber product formulation and production characteristics.
- Provide production technical support, postproduction testing reviews and troubleshooting of production technical problems.
- Assistance to the production organization includes providing specifications, revisions, replacement materials, waste reduction, production efficiency measures and equipment modifications.
- The basic function of the Mix Department is to produce homogenous compounds made from natural rubber, synthetic rubber, fillers, softeners, and rubber chemicals for the production of rubber-based products in Lincoln, other Continental/ContiTech production plant sites and for external customers in the automotive and industry sectors.
- Reports functional to the Regional PPI Head (BU Compounding) and disciplinary to Head of Operations Lincoln Compounding and has no direct reports. Although may be assigned to assist, or lead teams working on waste reduction objectives, new product development, raw material changes, production quality or product characteristics.
- Must coordinate the technical activities of the department.
- Responsible for developing rubber technology knowledge, pursuing cost reductions for current products and processes, maintaining quality standards, and providing technical and decision-making support to the operators on the factory floor.
- Providing technical customer service; communication with the customer in connection with all technical questions concerning rubber compounds. Introduce, develop, and look after the recipes to ensure meeting the customer requirements. Accompany mixing trials and processing trials at customer.
- Responsible for the disposition of off-test stock.
- Maintains reliable processing and raw material specifications for reference purposes.
- Sets up experimental laboratory and factory evaluation trials in product and process areas.
- Maintains technical and quality status reporting requirements.
- Serves as a source of chemical awareness and compliance.
- Meets daily with mix employees to assess stock and production performance.
- Resolves critical technical problems that arise with stocks, materials, and equipment.
- Monitors and controls slow moving off-specification stocks.
- Maintains factory specs.
- Reduces and eliminates factory stock processing problems.
- Develops improved process and compound specifications for rubber compounds.
- Improves physical properties of existing compounds through the use of new techniques.
- Provides technical support for equipment design and new or improved processing equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes data regarding compound performances.
- Uses analytical troubleshooting techniques in problem solving activities.
- Keeps Operations Manager CC LN apprised of opportunities and problems.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- BS Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Flexibility to work variable hours to support off shift operations as needed.
- Good Microsoft office and computer skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Hands on engineering experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- No relocation offered. The position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- 2 years of professional or intern related experience
- Rubber Manufacturing Experience.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.