System Engineer for Electronic Brake System - Iasi
We are looking for highly motivated System Engineer for Electronic Brake Systems. As a System Engineer in our team, you’ll be responsible for sketching the first solution for innovation ideas, product improvements, process changes.
Let your ideas shape the future of our products!
Challenges of the job
· Continuously expand and improve platform product family strategy, architecture and components knowledge.
· Develop MATLAB Simulink models for simulating the physical system and design control algorithms.
· Understanding, tailoring and implementing of complex mathematical algorithms and theories.
· Design, implement and carry on a proof-of-concept study.
· Combine hydraulics, electronics, programming and algorithm know-how for understanding and modifying the system behavior.
· Follows and assures the safe and reliable interaction of configured components and sub-systems within a product.
· Search for new technologies and solutions to implement into upcoming new products.
· Work on demo vehicle presentations for different OEMs.
This job is for YOU if:
· You’re open to new ideas and new challenges.
· You dream about innovating.
· You continuously strive to grow professionally.
· It’s easy for you to share knowledge/ideas and inspire others.
· Simulation tools (MATLAB / Simulink) and ModelBasedDesign process.
· Good understanding of mathematics and physics.
· C Programming and software development tools and processes is a plus.
· System engineering, with focus on simulations in either of the following areas: hydraulics, motor control, power electronics or sensors - is a plus.
· University degree (i.e. Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Informatics, Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics).
· Automotive development in actuation systems – is a plus
· Working with cross-functional international teams – is a plus
· Being fluent in English
· Having a methodical and structured approach.
· Having the ability to priorities issues based on level of importance and identify innovative and timely solutions.
· Being technically minded eager and desired to understand the products and key drivers (from all disciplines: mechanics, electronics and software) for technological development of the product.
· Having strong entrepreneurship as basis for a self-determined working style.
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
- Health & Wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- A mentor for the integration period
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
- Flexible work environment (Office/work from home)
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
We develop the future of highly advanced braking technology for all vehicle types. Future Brake Systems must be capable of more than “just” decelerating a car safely. They must contribute to the efficiency of the vehicle, and they must meet new requirements for Automated Driving. Part of that is to generate brake pressure very quickly when active driving safety requires it. In an electrified vehicle, the seamless blending of regenerative braking (recuperation) and wheel braking with the MK C2 can increase the recuperation efficiency by up to 30 percent on a hybrid braking system without a simulator pedal. In other words, the MK C2 alone can make it possible to lower the CO2 emissions by up to 5 grams per kilometer. MK C2 is the enabler for Future Brake Systems and Motion Control solutions. It especially supports the first step forward towards brake systems of the future – the transition to genuine brake-by-wire systems.