Team Leader - Optic Design Engineers HUD UX (TM)
Do you want to be the team leader for the Optic Design Engineers for HUD?
These should spark your interest:
A Head-up Display (HUD) is a projecting system that shows all relevant information for a car driver directly in their line of sight. This is done by projecting light into the driver’s eyes, which will perceive a virtual image, containing all this information, in front of the car, overlapped with the road.
Our target for the optic team in Timisoara is to offer customized technical solutions to our customers for an outstanding user experience. For that we want to keep a motivated team that maintains a strong collaboration with our customers and with different departments from Timisoara and other Continental locations.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical solutions in his team: Optic Design and simulations for Head-Up Display;
- Responsible to plan and monitor the execution of all activities/ tasks in order to meet due dates according to client’s requirements;
- Ensure a good communication inside the team and with the business partners;
- Responsible to mentor and/ or coach team members, when necessary, on technical topics, to obtain expected project results;
- Offers input to direct superior for hiring plan for his/her team;
- Ensures quality and in time delivery of results within the agreed framework, by monitoring regularly the status of the teamwork packages;
- Necessary is a quick practice in Optics, collaboration with different departments and the optical department from other locations.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
This is what it takes to be successful as an Optic Design Engineer:
- Master or PHD in Physics or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in optics and / or mechanics;
- Automotive experience and international exposure are considered a plus;
- Experience in documenting and presenting technical work results;
- Very good communication skills;
- Good English - spoken and written;
- Zemax, SPEOS or other optical simulation tool know-how;
- CAD design;
- Technical Mindset.
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Our team develops Head-up-Displays (HUD’s) for a large range of passenger cars (e.g. Mercedes, Ford, Renault, BMW, Volkswagen, Audi etc.), starting from our customer’s requirements to serial production of the device.
Find out more about a Head-up-Display following this link: