The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for product / line quality and customer contact in the series production phase, with a focus on the end of the new facility project, in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Interface with Customer and/or suppliers with respect to product quality activities (i.e. APQP, PPAP, 0km and Warranty Returns)
- Identifies and documents projects in A3, 8D, 5P, 7-step, or other required formats for review with Customers, engineering and management
- Drives Yield, DPMO improvement activities for manufacturing line
- Plans and/or modifies validation tests of products or their components. May direct the work of technicians in running quality tests. May plan the method(s) or test(s) to be used in qualifying a component and/or ensuring the reliability of a final product, qualifying a component and/or ensuring the reliability of a final product
- Represents plant quality during product development and introduction and participates in all phases of design review process, making contributions which will enhance the quality of components and/or the reliability of the final product
- Acts in close cooperation with the QMP, responsibility sharing with QMP depends on project phase
- Releases product and prototype deliveries to internal and external Customer after G90
- Works with Design Engineers and customer in early program stages to decide upon necessary levels of testing or to make recommendations on use of certain components which will enhance product quality or reliability
- Communicates outcome of component quality or product reliability tests both verbally and in writing to a variety of customers, engineers and management personnel
- Advance use of statistical tools to analyze data and identify root cause of defects
- Drives scrap performance improvement and management
- Utilizes advanced problem-solving tools and processes to reduce manufacturing defects
- Supports new product launches and model rolls
- Drives basic TPM, Kaizen and Lean initiatives in the manufacturing environment
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering degree
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing quality
- Knowledge of MS Oﬃce software applications
- Inﬂuence Skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of detecting, recognizing a problem, and identifying the nature of the problem
- Capable of demonstrating commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Capable of noticing discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted, Must be able to stand for periods up to 10+ hrs
• Must be able to push & pull (racks), reach, twist, turn, stoop, and walk, stand for 10+ hrs
- No visa sponsorship available for this position.
- No relocation assistance available for this position.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing quality
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!
BestDrive Service Technician
BestDrive Service Technician