Reporting to the Head of ME / PPI, this position will be part of the manufacturing engineering / product and process industrialisation team. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Review current processes / products and look for areas to improve existing practices based on the analysis of relevant KPI's.
- Support the production and quality department in the identification of problems using root cause analysis.
- Create project proposals for new machinery and processes for the approval of local senior management and business area.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing cells when required.
- Prepare and support in the preparation of documentation for process control, audits. E.g. SOP's, FMEA, Risk Assessments.
- Support the research and development team in the industrialization of new product designs by optimizing machinery and processes.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety requirements highlighted by the company.
- Other duties may be assigned by the company when required.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing engineering role or similar discipline.
- Experience managing projects (PRINCE 2 desirable but not essential).
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
- Technical knowledge in either mechanical or electrical engineering.
- PLC Experience, (Highly desirable but not essential).
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension contributions, and 25 holidays per year + bank holidays.
Westfield Health EAP
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.