Business Development Manager Continental Off-Highway (m/f/divers) - REF10398G
The Business Development Manager Off-Highway (m/f/diverse) is identifying, exploring and executing profitable Growth Potentials for several Business Areas engaged in Off-Highway market for Continental. You are also executing projects, programs and activities supporting the positioning of Continental as Development- and Technology partner of choice in Off-Highway Industries and OEMs.
With an systematic approach you are driving Initiatives to extend Continentals offering of Portfolio of Products, Systems and Solutions. One the other hand you are driving market development activities, ensuring penetration and expansion of Continental business to new Off-Highway customers and regions.
As a dedicated expert to the Off-Highway Industry you are providing market, technology and application expertise to internal stakeholders and contributing to business and/or regional initiatives supporting the overall goal of driving profitable Growth in Off-Highway for Continental.
Your Tasks will be:
- Developing, defining and aligning portfolio initiatives for Off-Highway Customers & Off-highway Initiatives Community – from ideation phase to business case and business acquisition, with focus on business opportunity assessment, definition of validated value proposition, product roadmap and market launch
- Program Management, Project management for (New) Portfolio Initiatives in alignment with one or more Business Areas, Key Account and Sales teams and project management organizations
- Customer Relationship Management - Establishing and supporting trustful and cooperative relationships with appropriate key decision makers
- Acquisition of Business & Opportunity Management - Driving and supporting business development and projects at customers
- Leading, coordinating and motivating the global acquisitions, account teams and associated management to achieve business growth targets with OH customers
- Identifying prospects and new business opportunities
- Industry and Market Intelligence - Monitoring and communicating customer & Industry strategies, activities, technical requirements and market insights
- Product Strategy – Supporting definition and communication (internal and external) of Off-Highway market centric Product and Solution roadmaps, business and cooperation models with strong link to Off-Highway applications and market needs
- Screening market and product gaps and fuel development and updating defined roadmaps, specifically for cross-Continental offering
- Academic degree in engineering science with business understanding or comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in sales & marketing, business development and relevant areas
- Industry specific Know-How in Off-Highway Industry and knowledge on relevant Technologies for Off-Highway Applications and mobile machinery (Agriculture, Construction & Mining, Material Handling)
- Sales experience with OEM`s preferred, Strong knowledge of OEM processes
- Ability to work and lead cross functional teams also remotely
- Very good German and English language skills (written and spoken)
- Strong understanding of Continental products and processes
- Proven customer relationship management & business development success
- Strong capability in developing a strategy for new products and solutions in collaboration with customers
- Strong understanding of foreign cultures / work styles both for in person and virtual approaching
- Leading self and self-driving with result-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international (approx. 10-20%)
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone - regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology or sexual orientation.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.