Mechanical Engineer for AN (Iasi)
This Business Area Architecture & Networking (AN) develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets for a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
As a Mechanical Engineer in our Mechanical Engineering Group, you get the chance to work in the best development teams and learn what you need to start a professional career in the automotive industry. You will boost your knowledge by learning from the best mentors and working with latest development methods.
Do you want to be part of our team? These should spark your interest:
- Contributing to design, CAD modeling, tolerance calculation, drawing and product structure (Mechanical BOM) creation of the specified products according to defined guidelines;
- Collecting the relevant mechanical requirements from all the documents and other technical documentation produced by the customer and internal stakeholders;
- Reviewing and getting the agreement of all stakeholders (e.g. client, external auditors, legislation) for the mechanical requirements;
- Supporting the definition of the functional and non-functional mechanical requirements of the product;
- Analyze drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the customer requirements;
- Organize mechanical requirements and complete specifications assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology;
- Implement and maintain the traceability of the internal requirements with the customer’s requirements for mechanical discipline.
You can be a perfect match to our team if:
- You are graduated of a Technical University (i.e. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Machine Manufacturing and Industrial Management);
- You have minimum two years of experience in a similar job;
- You have good knowledge of design tools – Catia;
- You have knowledge of the automotive product components (electrical, mechanical engineering);
- You have good knowledge of tolerance calculation, plastic design, die cast, stamping technology;
- You have good knowledge of design and manufacturing methods of mechanical parts, drawings standards, FMEA, PDM tools (i.e. Wise PDM, SAP);
- Knowledge of requirements management in DOORS is an advantage;
- You are passionate about mechanical engineering in automotive;
- You are skilled in logical and structural thinking;
- You have good communication skills and team orientated approach;
- You are advanced in English - speaking, writing and listening.
What we offer:
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
At Architecture & Networking, we make individual mobility more comfortable, reliable, connected and safer. Creating value via our dedicated people is our driving force.
Join our team in IASI to take part in the development of an extensive range of products, from Integrated Body Controllers to Door Control Units to Gateways, Intelligent Antenna Modules for premium car manufacturers.
If you are an enthusiastic engineer, eager to take responsibilities and to benefit from our growth, come to be part of this great team!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.