Software Integrator / Build Automation Engineer
Our Deer Park, IL location is seeking a Software integration / builds automation Engineer to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Scope of the position
- CM integration / builds automation developer
- Basic Responsibilities:
- Analyzes requirements for build system; adapts scripting accordingly
- Needs minimal guidance; self-starter
- Uses judgement with open-ended requirements, seeking clarification as needed
- Support immediate and long-term product & team needs
- Provide support to integration and application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective solutions.
- Update documentation regarding changed functionality
- Monitor, debug and address issues in the build failures and in the build system
- Proactively works to avoid potential issues and support changing requirements
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
• 2+ years of software experience
• Software change management with Git/ Gerrit
• Experience with Linux
• Experience programming with one of the following languages: C, C++, Java or C#
• Experience in scripting with one or more of the following: bash, python, VB, batch, powershell, groovy
• Experience with REST API programming
• Quick learning and real time debugging skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of software experience in automotive/ telecommunications industry.
• Experience in make files, package configurations
• Experience in Continuous Integration Environment: Jenkins
• Experience in working with multiple build lines
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence
• Experience in Plugin creation in: Jenkins/Gerrit/JIRA
• Experience with Docker
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Continental is able to offer visa support for individuals who hold an existing valid employment visas
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services