BestDrive Region Operations Manager - Central
The Regional Operations Manager will oversee operations, overall store compliance, and will manage productivity and organizational effectiveness. You will work closely with the Regional Administrator on process design, policy definition and streamlining procedures. This position will drive achievement of specific KPI’s, benchmarking stores and plants against company goals. You will work closely with Store and Plant Managers with hiring and ensuring operation personnel are properly trained. You will work to ensure store and plant equipment and vehicle needs are fulfilled and properly maintained, as well as enforcing all company safety policies and procedures are followed. This person will work closely with the National Operations Manager as a liaison to drive corporate initiatives down to the Stores and Plants.
• Responsibility for overall operations of their region.
• Understand financial reporting and have the ability to quantify business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
• Assure that prompt and effective communication occurs within the region and with corporate.
• Attract, retain, and motivate field personnel to support the long-term stability and growth of the company
• Foster a good working environment that drives to the common company goals
• Conduct store and plant visits to review business performance and coach managers on corrective procedures
• Working with the Region Manager, forecast product inventory on a monthly basis to ensure availability.
• Work with the Region Administrator in enforcing company policies; participating in internal audits and safety reviews
• Monitor and analyze business on a continuous basis and implement any corrective action.
• Ensure all employee related safety incidents are properly reported to corporate Human Resources
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
• Responsible for reinforcing corporate initiatives communicated through the National Operations Manager down to the Store and Plant level
• Provide backup coverage if one of the store managers are on PTO or an extended illness.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• 5+ years operations experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Refined ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
• Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• 7+ years’ experience in the tire industry; multi-unit experience a plus
• 5+ years’ experience managing and leading people
• Experience in Commercial Tire Retail Operations.
• Retread tire knowledge
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
• Work hours are generally 7-5 Monday – Friday. Saturday and evenings as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
• This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
• While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
• Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
• Required to lift 50-75 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs. individually.
• 50 – 75% travel throughout the region is required.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we presently have 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country