Supply Chain Planner
In this role, you ensure the delivery reliability along the total Supply Chain for the plant’s article portfolio.
In collaboration with internal and external partners you are responsible for the continuous optimization of market demand confirmation under consideration of the plant capacities.
Together with the team, Supply Chain support systems and Production, you contribute to the successful production planning and monitoring. Further you support the transportation of the finished product in alignment with Warehousing and the Market Organizations.
- Maintain supply chain system parameter
- Check plausibility of market demand on article level, if necessary coordinate with the markets
- Plausibility and feasibility analysis of the weekly Supply Chain Masterplan
- Actively identify future supply chain issues
- Resp. for phase in/phase out/transfer of articles in terms of planning, communication and coordination of activities
- Responsible for article related PSI (Production Sales Inventory)
- Provide production proposal based on continuous planning (mid- and long term)
- Decide about priorities of unfeasible demands within the defined scope (shortage management)
- Monitor production execution (warehoused tires)
- Ensure communication of article priorities to production
- Agree on production optimization needs due to demand changes or production deviations
- Responsible for all inventories for her/his articles along the total supply chain
- Ensure delivery reliability per article for all orders in all markets
- Ensure feasibility of the masterplan's shipment plan, monitoring and control of inventories in terms of structure and range of coverage
- Proactively inform market organizations in case of delivery deviations (unplanned shortage)
- Execute given priorities in terms of shortages
- Coordinate the optimization of transports with the transportation planners
- Responsibility of supply availability for her/his assigned Common sizes (article production in several plants)
- Evaluate sales potential, confirmation of unconfirmed orders and current/unplanned demands in consideration of already confirmed demands (exception handling)
- Complete special tasked assigned by Key Supply Chain Planner or Plant Operations Manager
- Strive for optimal quality, costs and customer satisfaction
- Ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls
- Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Supports the Continental Business System (CBS ) structure by participating in the applicable CBT meeting, reviewing and managing his/her/team performance, conducting simple problem-solving using action sheets, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, participating in the CBT reviews, and taking ownership for presented parts of the team boards.
- Bachelors Degree - Supply Chain and or Logistics related degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain
- Strong distinct planning and organization skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Continental is able to offer visa support and relocation for internal candidates.
- Warehouse operations knowledge
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join our Plant Operations department.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?