Master Thesis - Tracking Out-of-Distribution Objects - AI Lab Berlin - REF51848L
We are looking for a master's student (m/f/diverse) to join our AI Lab team in Berlin for a 6-months master thesis. This role is centered on the innovative field of Tracking Out-of-Distribution Objects. Your primary focus will be on researching and developing methods to detect and track previously unknown objects in driving scenarios for autonomous driving use case. This is an onsite position, offering hands-on experience in the heart of Berlin. You will work in a dedicated, innovative team of Continental employees (m/f/diverse) and Ph.D. students (m/f/diverse).
Your tasks will consist of the following:
- Collaborate with our project team on the research of State-of-the-Art (SOTA) solutions for OoD segmentation models and tracking algorithms
- Implement OoD tracking methods for segmentation on existing pipeline on autonomous driving datasets
- Compare the results against existing tracking methods and segmentation models
- Evaluate the performance of the developed solution through rigorous experiments
- Currently pursuing a M.Sc. in computer science, machine learning, AI, computer vision, robotics or a related field.
- Familiarity with computer vision techniques, object tracking, and deep learning models
- Advanced programming skills in Python
- Experience with Docker, PyTorch, OOP and Git
- Fluent English language skills
- Confident handling of MS Office-programs
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills highly desirable
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions in the area of autonomous driving
- Independent, creative, and proactive working style
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
Please remember to attach your current certificate of enrollment and also your current transcripts of records and an extract of certificate for a mandatory internship. Those documents are mandatory for processing your application.
If required, please submit your valid residence permit as well as your work permit including the additional sheet.
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
- Our group offers a nice, friendly, and inspiring environment for performing research
- Support and close collaboration with experienced Research Scientists
- High-performance GPU infrastructure to conduct excellent work
- Excellent location in downtown Berlin at "co-working space AI Campus"
- Ability to join journal clubs, networking events and technical exchanges on the campus
- Together with our team, you will have the chance to apply and enhance your skills and let our robotics applications come alive in Berlin
- You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de nous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.