Maintenance Area Lead for Extrusion & Calandering
This person will be responsible for the machinery in a production area. This includes responsibility for the technical availability and capability of production machineries (incl. utilities and civil) according to the company's requirements and approved budgets.
- Organize and monitor the production machinery planned maintenance process, its planning, fulfillment, documentation and continuous improvement (including inspections, lubrication, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks, Machine Tolerance Checks, big repairs) in the area of responsibility
- Organizes and monitors the unplanned maintenance process in order to insure coordination of maintenance staff, diagnostic, repair and restart of production machineries in case of breakdowns in accordance to area production priorities
- Ensures the implementation of the local Maintenance strategy (including TPM implementation support, maintenance processes improvements including SAP-PM and interfaces with other departments
- Plans and monitors the area maintenance budget for optimization of storage stock level and purchased quantities of spare parts, technical components and needed maintenance supplies
- Directs, administrates and develops area maintenance team members
- Identifies, analyses and insures the implementation of potential technical improvements on area production machineries in cooperation with other departments (Production, Quality, Purchasing)
- Lead several machine improvements, refurbishments, upgrades or installation projects
- Ensures Environment, Safety and Health requirement fulfillment in the area
- Initiates contracts with suppliers for area maintenance outsourced activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/Engineering Technology or related field
- 2-5+ years maintenance experience in manufacturing and supervision
- MS-Office software
- Ability to manage projects effectively.
- Experience working with external suppliers.
- Experience in technical controls, drives, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge.
- Tire manufacturing knowledge
- Experience with machine improvements, refurbishments, upgrades, or installation projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de nous
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Maintenance Area Lead to join our Engineering Maintenance department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?