Product Manager for Embedded eLinux Platforms in SMY (TM)
The Smart Mobility business area has been able to establish itself as a market and technology leader by developing products that make commercial and special vehicles safer, cleaner, fuel-efficient and more connected.
The eLinux group is looking for a proactive and eager Product Manager to support us in the creation of the latest generation of connectivity platforms and products.
You will have the opportunity to:
- play a major role in defining the future of telematics products
- develop your understanding of a wide variety of products (telematic & tolling units, high performance computing, predictive cruise control) and modern technologies (4G, 5G, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, Ethernet, container virtualization)
- work with a talented team of professionals towards delivering our products to our customers
- work in a transparent and engaging Scaled Agile framework
As a Product Manager your main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the business goals of the Agile Release Train you are responsible for are met;
- Creating and maintaining your program backlog items while ensuring that they fulfill the Definition of Ready criteria;
- Working with Release Train Architects and Product Owners to decompose higher level requirements;
- Prioritizing the program backlog according to the needs of your stakeholders;
- Ensuring deliveries are performed according to the schedule;
- Regularly tracking cost and budget and measuring quality and value creation in the release train;
- Building an effective communication inside the management of the product (i.e. Product Manager/Product Owner team);
- Ensuring the team understanding of the product and roadmap;
- are committed, passionate and proud of our results
- are constantly learning, always improving
- pay attention to details
- see that in every problem lies at least one solution
- enjoy the time spent together on and off the job
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University degree (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics, Automatics);
- At least five years of experience of coordinating SW development activities of electronic devices Good knowledge of SW development process (Requirements Engineering, SW Design, SW Development, SW Testing, Configuration and Change Management);
- Relevant knowledge of SW project management (Resource allocation, SW Project planning and tracking, Risk management);
- Customer orientation, intrapreneurship;
- Ability to prioritize and manage pressure;
- Good English language skills (reading, writing and speaking).
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de nous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.