O_Maintenance technician_Variable (Carei)
- Performs electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting, repair and general preventative maintenance procedures on all production and plant equipment
- Using multi-meters, amp meters and ohm-meters, troubleshoot AC/DC/VFD/servo motors, motor controllers, PLC’s and rewire/ identify/replace failed components to include: motors, drives, drive boards, I/O boards, switches, transformers, contractors, relays and fuses.
- Programs PLC’s as required
- Repairs, replaces defective parts maintaining MRO inventory as required. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Rebuilds and repairs all equipment that is in need of repairs
- Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts by initiating and participating in problem-solving/improvement teams recommending ideas/changes to business. processes, procedures, materials and equipment and implementing recommendations
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
- Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 3 - 5 years of technical trade experience in a similar role represents a plus
- Must have experience with controls (PLC, Air Logic), electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as the ability to read and interpret machine assembly drawings and schematics.
- Able to do all physical requirements of this job: standing/walking nearly 100% of the working shift and some lifting, as well as bending, climbing, and twisting motions.
- Environmental factors that are present for this position include: working in heat/cold, around dust, chemicals, noise and heights.
- This position requires the use of chemicals, some of which may contain hazardous material and involves handling, moving, storing and/or disposing of waste that may contain hazardous materials. Proper training, protective equipment and instruction for safety practices will be provided. Successful spirometry and physicals are required.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In, Continental generated preliminary sales of around €44 billion and currently employs more than people in 56 countries.