Tire Plant Supervisor (PM Weekend 2+2)
Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location at Plymouth, IN is seeking a Tire Plant Supervisor for the weekend PM shift (5th shift).
Are you ready to fuel passion, pride, and success?
This position will be responsible for leading production employees for our PM Weekend shift. Details on responsibilities include:
• Supervising hourly production employees in job assignments and duties utilizing group leaders, supervise training and quality of job performance and process engineering personnel.
• Supervises and monitors all employee related activities.
• Responsible for personnel movement within the plant, between plants and on all company property.
• Responsible for plant security, safety and monitoring and controlling use of company property, including vehicles. Dress and represent the company in a professional manner.
• Managing the flow of work and monitoring production and quality requirements.
• Completing all necessary and assigned paperwork, time cards and related time keeping activities.
• Enforcement of all company policies and regulations and notification to proper authorities of problems and/or infractions, including following of all rules in the salaried Non-exempt handbook.
• Evaluating operator’s capabilities and completing written performance reviews
• Ensuring that routine maintenance is done through coordination with the maintenance department.
• Communicating intra shift information to assure smooth shift transition.
• Continuous mentoring and training of all employees under their supervision.
• Communicating personnel and/or departmental concerns to Production Manager.
• Communicating with other plants to insure maximum use of personnel and operating efficiency while always striving to improve the process and procedures.
• Other duties as needed/assigned.
3+ years experience in manufacturing
Ability to follow instructions written in standard English.
Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to bend, climb, squat, crawl, reach and twist frequently.
Ability to lift 20-75 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Basic data entry, creating Word files, etc.)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Experience leading others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility