Technology Portfolio Implementation Owner (m/f/diverse) REF20906A
Platform Development and Industrialization (PDI) is one of the main pillars in the R&D Tires to create innovative technical solutions, implement them in the production facilities and define worldwide standards.
The Platform Portfolio Management (PPM) department was created as a part of PDI to ensure a strong focus on implementation and active steering of new technologies in the worldwide production plants. We consider business impact related to product performance, tire component complexity and material costs in order to steer the technology portfolio and implement it according to optimum business scenarios.
In order to further develop this area we are offering the position of Technology Portfolio Implementation Owner with following exciting tasks:
- Define the component portfolio together with Technology Development department incl. phase out strategy
- Realize the impact analysis for different technology implementation scenarios to support strategic BU-decisions regarding roll-out strategies (performance, complexity, invest, sourcing etc.)
- Operative prioritization in case of bottlenecks due to increasing complexity or limited resources (e.g. plant capacity, raw materials…)
- Project Leader for bigger technology implementation project(s) incl. portfolio and business consideration
- Preparation of investment planning for required new equipment and tooling in alignment with RICP process
- Active member in technology development projects (e.g. feasibility check, plant impact... ) to ensure a smooth transition from development to implementation phase
- Drive component phase out activities in alignment with technology development and internal product and platform owners (Replacement and OE)
- Steer the component complexity across plants and tire platforms
- Academic degree in mechanical engineering, natural sciences or industrial engineering
- First working experience in product development, especially in tire development or in product industrialization
- Experience in project management, especially in leading of projects
- Business knowledge is beneficial
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Problem solving skills
- Intercultural competencies
- Good communication skills on different management and functional levels
Applications from severely disabled people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.