Production Material Handler / 2nd Shift / Site 1
Using a forklift, hand truck, and other machinery, count and place items for storage and access. Move material around as needed, and deliver outgoing materials to the Warehouse area as necessary. Ensure line is stocked with necessary parts to meet production requirements by using Bill of Materials (BOM) and computer software.
1. Order and stage materials for production lines to operate continuously.
2. Utilize material software systems to provide material for production and hand held scanners to track lots.
3. Understand and follow production schedule/shipment boards.
4. Interpret and use correctly Bill of Materials (BOM).
Apply 5S principles to increase efficiency and effectiveness in assigned work area.
5. Clean station at scheduled PM and additionally as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Intermediate computer skills (SAP-DP1, E-Pull, and Windows, hand held scanners, etc.);
- Proficiently operate fork trucks and hand jacks per work area;
- Ability to perform work in cooperation with multiple team members;
- Self directed;
- Ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a repetitive basis and up to 50 on an occasional basis;
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English;
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart and sustainable. Our Morganton, NC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.