Manufacturing Team Lead I/II Days (1st Shift)
• Organizing, training, and leading daily activities of a manufacturing team consisting of production operators.
• Leading the production team’s daily start-up meeting, ergonomic work, and establishes job rotation.
• Conducting on-the-job training and maintains required training documentation for all employees assigned to the work cells.
• Guiding the team in the development and use of standard work instructions.
• Performing first response troubleshooting and minor first line maintenance activities during production line down.
• Ensuring team achieves daily 5S+1, quality, delivery, Kaizen, and cost goals.
• Making recommendations for individual recognition for goal achievement and contributions.
• Employing various problem-solving techniques (5 Why, etc.) to drive problems to permanent corrective action.
• Driving Kaizen activities to ensure continuous improvement within the work cells.
• Ensuring individual and team compliance to established policies and procedures.
• Leading the team in completion of required preventative maintenance activities.
• Performing cell audits and inspections and follows-up on abnormalities; charts/tracks team progress.
• Must be able to perform the essential job functions of a Manufacturing Associate operator as required.
Full-Time (4 days working, 4 days off)
1st Shift: 8:00am-6:30pm
Minimum Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1+ years working in a manufacturing environment.
• Maintains a safe work environment.
• Adheres to quality standards.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Effectively communicates with team members & leadership.
•Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
•Relocation will not be provided
Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• 3+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment. • 2+ years’ experience leading a team in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience training manufacturing associates.
• Experience utilizing continuous improvement measures.
• Intermediate computer skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted. Must be able to stand for periods up to 10+ hours. Must be able to Push, Pull Reach, Twist, Turn, Stoop, Walk, Stand for 10+ hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.
Join our climate controlled environment with the flexibility of working four days per week, then following with four days off.