The Safety Internship position is involved in day-to-day activities of the Safety/Environmental department, assisting in coordination and preparation of reports, training manuals and programs along with many other duties relating to plant safety
- Participates in safety and environmental related audits, inspections and projects
- Assists with investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Follows Continental Safety Policies as well as OSHA regulations to help enforce safe work practices
- Performs clerical work such as data entry, filing,
- Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect the safety and health of employees
- Will work full time hours over summer months with some hours possible during the school year
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled/attending post-secondary program in related field of study
- Currently attending Junior or Senior year
- GPS of 2.7 or higher
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Ability to work well with all levels (be a team player)
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good understanding of OSHA standards
- Ability to facilitate meetings or provide training to all levels of employee
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.