ADAS Sr Purchasing Specialist
- Material cost management of relevant Autonomous Mobility products material pricing, and collaboration in Design-to-Cost measures.
- Planning and execution of component sourcing (i.e. leading sourcing teams, execution of RFIs/RFQs, regular controlling and reporting of sourcing activities, and secure data quality).
- Initiation and execution of strategy alignments, technical meetings and project reviews with suppliers.
- Risk Management within component sourcing and suppliers in regard to supply chain.
- Close collaboration with global Category Purchasing, Project and Engineering Teams, Supplier Quality Management (i.e. during sourcing, Supplier component reviews, within the APQP, securing the launch, negotiation on price and commercial terms.
- Proactive participation in the development and execution of the AM Purchasing strategy.
- Early involvement of Advanced Purchasing in the product development process (i.e. early supplier involvement, handle and negotiate development agreements with key suppliers).
- Independent realization of innovations & continuous improvements within the AM Purchasing (i.e. optimization of tools & methods, introduction of new technologies).
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in Purchasing (preferably at an automotive company).
- Business fluent in English (verbal & written).
- Resilience, self-motivation and intercultural competence.
- Good team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Assertive, passionate, proactive, and able to creatively resolve issues.
- Willingness to travel national and international, and valid driving license.
- Automotive business experience at a tier 1.
- 5 years of experience in Purchasing, SCMA, operations and/or engineering.
- Knowledge of electronics.
- Self motivated.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Continental will offer visa support.
Continental will not offer relocation assistance for this opportunity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Intern - Electronics Sourcing, Purchasing - Summer 2023