Plant Distribution Supervisor 3rd Shift
Supervises the receiving, storage, material handling and shipping of all materials. Responsible for supervision and direction of subordinates. Fill in for other supervisors as required. Responsible for control of production inventory and inventory accuracy. This position will support both Site 1 and Site 2.
* Provide task and problem resolution direction to Materials Handlers in support of all daily activities associated with the Materials Warehouse operation.
* Conduct shift turnover meetings and provide communication, leadership, training, and guidance to Material Handlers. Manage the department in the absence of the Supervisor, Material Distribution. Maintain Warehouse operational support for production activities.
* Coordinate all aspects of shift operations and personnel support, including training.
* Provide technical and managerial support of the warehouse inventory control systems to ensure 99+ percent accuracy.
* Maintain an adherence/working knowledge of all departmental, customer, and TS 16949 policies/procedures. When errors do occur, participate in the 8-D corrective action process.
* Coordinate production schedules in regard to shipments and inbound productive material by serving as a liaison throughout the facility with other departments in support of the materials planning group activity.
* Control the shipment process flow of EDI advance shipping notification transmissions to meet requirements.
* Communicate professionally with customer/supplier contacts on a demand basis when incoming calls are received in the warehouse offices with timely reaction and proper notification to Materials management.
* Interact effectively with structured SAP/WM work sessions to ensure continuous improvement.
* Control the shipment process flow of EDI advance shipping notification transmissions to conform to customer timing requirements and the other measurables necessary in order to maintain the highest customer rating achievable.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement activities, maintain good housekeeping practices.
* Manage support functions to include the pickup of waste containers, coordinate ordering and delivery of corrugated and packaging supplies and dunnage. Set priorities for related activities to support production
***This position will not offer relocation or visa sponsorship***
Associates degree OR 4 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
2 or more years applicable supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Strong Problem Solving Skills.
Computer skills (basic MS Office applications; SAP/BOM; email).
Knowledge of SAP.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Proven leadership and management ability to meet plant objectives.
Ability to promote and maintain safe warehouse operations and daily Cleanliness Checklist.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Management.
1 + years of specific experience as a Logistics Supervisor within an Automotive manufacturing environment.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.