Customer Services Engineer
The Customer Service Engineer is responsible to maintain direct relationship and communication with the customers in topics related to 0 Miles and Field parts. He will support the team to confirm the conclusion of the analysis of 0 mile / field returns through the Problem Solving process and report back to internal and external customers as needed through analysis reports, final presentations, Customer Portal updates, etc. It’s responsible also for the follow up of Corrective / Preventive actions until closure. To kick off Continuous improvement activities based on analysis conclusions and corrective actions in order to avoid reocurrence to improve product quality, KPI’s and customer satisfaction.
To review/approve/reject customer financial charges related with warranty and/or quality topics, to challenge the customer charges that don’t belong to the Company or area and to lead that until closure.
• Support to obtain details of the 0 mile / field incidents reported as needed to inform the cross functional team in a clear and objective manner based on facts
• Schedule and lead internal meetings with cross functional team to confirm containment activities for 0 miles / field
• Participate and/or lead the Methodology of Problem Solving to define and implement corrective and preventive actions with the different areas involved.
- Supplier Quality Management (SQM) and component supplier for subcomponent failures
- Continental Manufacturing plant for manufacturing related failures
- R&D (application/base development) for design related failures
- Quality Manager in Project/Customer Engineering/Plant for Customer caused issues / NTF
• Key player to Identify and immediately escalate any issue that have a safety impact on the customer
• To document problem-solving process on One Pager, A3 or 8D as required in preparation for internal or external presentation of the data
• Lead customer meetings related with 0 mile / Field technical topics as needed and maintain a direct communication with the customer in relation to customer complaints.
• Monitor Customer portal and do the proper updates based on the conclusions of the analysis team and the corrective/preventive actions feedback by the appropriate areas
• Support Continuous Improvement initiatives internally and with the customer to maintain product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain constant communication with client and internal team during the development of the Problem-Solving process
• Crucial support for New Projects confirming the definition and availability of resources (inc. equipment) needed on time: follow up the acquisition process, coordinate the set-up of the equipment/resources, confirm all the documentation (Warranty Concept / Service request / work instructions / SW tools are ready for SOP
• To propose read across lessons learned based on the analysis conclusion of the returned parts to avoid reoccurrence
• Support on the review/clarification of financial quality charges from the customers based on technical data, challenge the charges based on data and follow up until closure. The goal is to identify what costs have to be paid and which ones are not related with Quality or the BA.
• Minimum 3 years professional experience on automotive electronics field
• English as a second language
• Experience in 0 mile / field return analysis for automotive products / Experience dealing with issues related to electronics, mechanics, software, manufacturing, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineer / Mechatronics / Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or equivalent related discipline
• Knowledge on Problem Solving Methodologies for the analysis of complex situations (5 why, is/is not, fishbone, fault tree, A3, others…)
• Experience with Quality tools as 8Ds, 7-steps, 5 phase reports, One pagers
• Self-Driven / Motivated / Independent individual to proactively root cause, report and solve issues
• Highly organized, self-motivated, with ability to stay on top of multiple issues running concurrently
• Excellent organization and time management skills, including daily/weekly planning.
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills; capable of preparing focused, timely communication on key issues with short notice, quick escalation of early warning topics.
• Basic computer skills including common office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
• Capable of working effectively with diverse engineering, manufacturing, quality and product team members, bridging organizational and geographic boundaries.
• 5 years of engineering experience within the automotive industry, preferably in Customer Quality area
• Strong technical background in automotive electronic modules
• Experience with driver assistance system sensors such as radars, cameras, lidars, processing ECUs
• Knowledge of SAP system, especially Continental systems such as CQTS, MES.
• Experience with Customer quality tracking portals, updating and reporting analysis and Problem Solving status (GM, Stellantis, Subaru, VW, etc)
• Strong data analysis and data management skills, intermediate knowledge of Excel Macros and Pivot Tables
• Basic understanding of test equipment usage including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, power supplies, temperature chambers, spectrum analyzers
“At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.”
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.