Software Staff Software Engineer
Be part of the international software development team to develop embedded software for Radio, Radio-Navigation or Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE / 5G features based) products to meet OEM customer requirements. Be involved through-out the software development life cycle (project planning, requirement definition and analysis, architecture analysis and definition, design, implementation, integration and validation), field-test and maintenance of the embedded software.
• Design, Implement, robust software that complies with customer requirements and internal software processes.
• Perform multiple tasks and work independently on new or complex assignments.
• Able to systematically solve problems and perform root cause analysis.
• Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
• Able to operate with limited direction.
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software reviews, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
• Perform unit level testing on software modules developed.
• Diagnosis and debugging on emulator and debugger, including use of test equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, simulators etc.).
• Ensure Software testing and quality assurance.
• Ensure software compliance with internal software development process (SPICE).
• Review hardware designs and hardware/software interfaces and make recommendations for cost effective solutions.
• Evaluate internal and external software change requests.
• Interface with 3rd party software suppliers.
• Lead/coordinate software design topics related to risk effort, and timing.
• Support meetings with cross functional project team, hardware/test team, and customers as needed.
• Review decisions made by other engineers.
• Meet project deadlines and cost constraints.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in related technical field as an engineer.
• Proficiency with C/C++.
• Familiarity with microcontrollers with a RTOS.
• Understanding of real-time software concerns like multi-threading and concurrency.
• Experience working on low-power, memory-constrained target environment.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Master’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ years Automotive embedded software Architecture experience.
• 3+ years Telematics engineering experience.
• Multi-core experience.
• Automotive HW and embedded SW experience.
• Embedded Linux.
Continental will offer visa support for individuals who hold an existing valid employment visa.
Continental will not offer relocation assistance for this opportunity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.