Senior Software Engineer- System Function Development Autonomous Driving (m/f/d) for Autonomous Mobility REF16431X
A basic requirement for developing automated driving systems is a state-of-the-art system & software development life cycle.
Join our team and become a software engineer for autonomous driving (m/f/diverse).
You will design, implement, and test embedded system software to enable the overall autonomous driving functions.
The tasks to be pursued including:
- Design of decision-making and control algorithms for autonomous driving with special focus on mode-, state-, health and degradation management
- Responsible for software tasks and deliverables throughout the entire software lifecycle including but not limited to requirements, software design, coding, unit testing, and defect resolution
- Follow a defined software process to ensure good quality and documentation as per SPICE or CMMI requirements
- Closely work with the validation team to debug and validate design
- Participate in code and design reviews and be able to understand, debug and improve code written by other team members
- You are part of an international development team, working closely together with global software teams in an agile environment (Germany, India, Romania)
- Academic degree in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in the above-mentioned field of activity
- Several years of experience with software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, SAFe etc.)
- Professional experience in embedded software development in automotive domain
- Very good expertise in programming languages, including but not limited to:
- Knowledge in software development tools (e.g. GIT, Jenkins, PlantUML, DOORS, JIRA, Confluence etc.)
- Knowledge in standards like Autosar, Aspice and ISO26262
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work in international teams
- Taking Initiative, good problem-solving skills & fostering Teamwork
- Quality orientation & solution-oriented approach
Nice to have:
- Experience in ASIL software component development
- Basic understanding of diagnostics, degradation and error handling
- Experience with integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge in environment model development, sensor technology (camera, radar, lidar) & driving functions development
- Good German language skills (written and spoken)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more: https://www.continental.com/en/career/working-at-continental/what-we-offer/
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Autonomous driving is one of the major future fields of the automotive industry. Driverless technologies offer unsuspected potential for making mobility more sustainable, more comfortable and, most importantly, safer. And this market is booming forecasts show that it will multiply in the next few years. At the same time, as the variety of skills and capabilities needed to realize autonomous mobility is expanding, entirely new players are also entering the market. In a highly competitive market environment, we want to position ourselves as a driver of ideas and innovation leader.
In the Business Area Autonomous Mobility, we bundle all competencies to develop innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving. We want to pave the way for autonomous mobility - with a clear vision, a precise strategy, and an open and dynamic culture focused on collaboration and entrepreneurship.