General Maintenance (2nd shift, Starting Pay: $15.75)
This position installs, repairs, overhauls and sets up machinery.
1. Check with supervisor for job assignment or special instructions.
2. Troubleshoot equipment in the plant.
3. Assist other ContiTech shop personnel where needed.
4. Perform monthly oiling and weekly greasing.
5. Routine check of equipment throughout the plant.
6. Assist in major breakdowns in Finishing.
7. Keep machinery and mechanical equipment of plant in good repair using knowledge of the equipment.
8. Must be able to assist in layout work in regards to machine installation, relocation or modification.
9. Hoist inspection.
10. Fire inspection.
11. Observe all safety procedures, lock-out requirements, high voltage safety requirements and procedures.
12. Perform preventive maintenance as assigned.
13. Repair parts using shop equipment or replaces parts from supply.
14. Does limited welding using oxyacetylene and arc welders.
15. Other duties may be assigned.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES PERFORMED BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS UNDER THIS JOB TITLE, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB.
Training required: Lift Truck Operator License
Standing- 100%, Climbing 80%, Crawling- 75%, Sitting- NA, Moving Material- 100%, Hearing Speaking- Able to hear and speak with supervision, section leaders and co-workers to perform job properly., Reaching- 80%, Visual Acuity- Color Vision required with normal vision to perform job properly., Bending Stooping- 80% of time
TYPICAL TOOLS, INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT: Hand & Power Tools, Welders, Torches, Measuring Tools, Electrical Testing Equipment, Saws, Aerial Platform, Hydraulic press, Forktruck, Lathe, Mill, Cutters, Degreasing Station, Pipe Threader, Ladders, Grinders
- Minimum of 6 months of continous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Meets eligibility requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Diploma or degree in relevant field preferred
- Must be able to work with/around chemicals
- Computer literate, knowledge of SAP, lotus notes, and Microsoft Access 97 preferred
- Understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision
- Good understanding of mechanical equipment
- Journeymans card or 5 years verifiable experience of similar job
- Must prioritize, ascertain, and react to situations in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to read, write and perform algebra in order to fulfill work orders and record problems and solutions in logs.
- Must be able to absorb training on safe work practices and use of protective equipment and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must possess or obtain certification to operate platform lift and confined space permit.
- Knowledge of good shop and manufacturing practices.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25lbs daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Experience desired.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a General Maintenance Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.