The Manufacturing Engineer will perform and evaluate work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of production facilities. In this role, you will also be responsible for developing plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities. You will provide product assembly instructions and standardizes assembly practices. Lastly, you will be responsible for evaluating new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
• Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service
• SAP Routings / CAR Sheets / FORD Studies
• Design/Improve layout of equipment, workspace and plant
• Write documentation for manufacturing operations (Work Instructions, SOP's, Control Plans, PFMEA's)• Provide support and participate in internal continuous improvement projects (e.g. Scrap and Waste Reduction Programs)
• Troubleshoot process and equipment problems
• Project Management for assigned programs• Support APQP activities for assigned programs
• QA support in 8D’s reports• Plan & implement capital improvement projects• Initiate, develop and implement manufacturing processes for new products
• Assume manufacturing process ownership for existing and new products
• Initiate and lead manufacturing continuous improvement activities to meet and excess specific measurable goals for department safety, quality, productivity, scrap reduction and up time
• This position is an active position with minimal desk time. Weekend and long hours may be required to suffice the job requirements.
• Travel as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2+ years experience in a process or industrial engineering in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Capable of effectively applying technical knowledge to solve a range of problems
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
No visa sponsorship
• Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred
• Experience utilizing AUTOCAD
• Experience reading blueprints
• Project Management experience preferred
• 1 to 2 years of experience with working under a TS16949/QS9000 Quality System
• Familiar with Continuous Improvement methodologies
• Automotive Industry Experience strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets products, systems and intelligent components made of rubber, plastic, metal and fabric. They are used in machine and plant engineering, mining, agriculture, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.