We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to support the purchasing team leader in all day to day purchasing and procurement activities to ensure the smooth operation of our Smart Mobility business in the UK.
This role is best suited to someone who is starting out in the career, highly driven, resilient and some who likes to work as part of a small team.
The successful person will support in all aspects of purchasing and procurement to ensure a smooth supply chain. This person will also work closely with the sales, manufacturing and the warehouse department.
Duties will include:
- To use MRP in line with customer demand.
- Ensure all parts are in stock for distribution from the warehouse in line with customer demand.
- To generate solid supply chain partnerships that encourage effective communications between Continental sites.
- To generate solid supply chain partnerships for all non-intercompany suppliers.
- Maintaining records of supplier contracts and relevant certification.
- Manage supplier orderbooks and schedules.
- Maintain open order books to track and monitor for on-time deliveries.
- Updating the wider team about any delays or problems with suppliers.
- Follow the alternate sourcing process for any problem parts.
- Investigate supply issues with alternate suppliers.
- To process all new supplier and parts information requests to allow smooth and effective set-up of data records.
- Maintain all vendor master data including part numbers.
- Ensure pricing data records are maintained.
- To increase stockturn of parts, whilst reducing inventory levels and releasing capital, by procuring materials on-times (not too early, and not too late).
- Analyse and change stock parameters in conjunction with the sales teams and product managers.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts).
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- Negotiate delivery improvements.
- To support purchasing activity for new product developments, by working with various stakeholders to understand requirement to obtain sourcing and pricing options and making recommendations to project teams on best course of supply for the UK business unit.
- Previous experience in purchasing environment, purchase order processing preferred.
- Experience in processing orders (system use), having a clear understanding of customer requirements.
- Understanding of the SAP system inputs and outputs.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel.
- Adhering to health and Safety practices Ability to work stand-alone but also be a team player
- Strong Communicator.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner
- Free Thrive app access
- Workwear provided
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Purchase more holiday days
- Company Vehicle + Bonus
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.