Technical Project Lead - LiDAR
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our global LiDAR development is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California. For this location, we seek a passionate and highly self-motivated Technical Lead to join our LiDAR management team. The ideal candidate has experience leading cross-functional/product engineering teams and comes with a solid background and drive to shape technology toward enabling Autonomous Mobility.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- The LiDAR group leads the definition and product development of Automotive Long- and Short-Range LiDAR sensors.
- The Technical Lead (TL) leads the cross-functional engineering team to achieve the technical product targets according to the agreed overall project schedule.
- The TL ensures the execution of all engineering activities, including test & validation and product industrialization, and is responsible for obtaining L1 System Material and Product Lifecycle releases.
Lead and drive cross-functional/product engineering team to achieve the technical project targets on time.
- Ensures the achievement of the required product maturity over the product life cycle
- Act as technical customer interface for cross-functional engineering topics
- Prepare technical decision options as input for the change control board and for management escalation.
- Plan technical work packages (content/schedule/quality) according to the overall project schedule.
- Plan and execute product/system Material Lifecycle according to the defined schedule.
- Act as plant interface for the successful realization of the sample builds
- Ensure that the product meets the industrialization targets
- Responsible for releasing the EBOM
- Sample Planning, Engineering, Build Management
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Be part of a passionate team
- Contribute in shaping the future of mobility
- Best-in-class work place with hybrid work options
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field (computer science, electronics, telecom, optics, mechatronics or related)
- 5 years of related experience
- Strong Leadership skills with demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation and influence skills
- Experience with launching a product, through Product Life Cycle
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and production testing
- Proactive, resilient, flexible and results oriented attitude
- Analytical capabilities and good Communication skills
- Proficient on Product Design V model
- Effective contributions as a team member
Estimated Compensation: 150,420 - 176,960 USD
- 5+ years in automotive industry as a Technical Lead, Systems Engineer or related discipline.
- Knowledge/Experience in Functional Safety
- Knowledge/Experience in Cyber Security
- LiDAR Architecture experience
- Knowledge/Experience in test techniques
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Knowledge/Experience in HiL, SiL, etc. (Simulation)
- Intercultural/International Experience
- General knowledge of electronics.
- Knowledge/Experience in Program Management (Certified).
- Experience in Requirements Management
- Experience in product industrialization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Santa Barbara / Carpinteria, CA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Technical Lead for LiDAR to join our team.
Sr. Analog Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
Internship 2023 Manufacturing Technology Engineering
eXplore Tires Manufacturing Engineer Trainee