Hardware Designer in Series Production - Internship for Passive Safety and Sensorics (Iasi)
Do you still see future cars consisting in a driver and passengers? Do you still fear for car accidents? Well, we don’t anymore! Each one of us can contribute to a better future. You can do this on a daily basis on a Hardware Designer Internship role.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics.
More important, one research and development branch inside Continental - Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) - concentrates in Iasi in developing state of the art active suspension systems that improves the dynamic stability of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
As an intern in our team, your daily activity will be in the field of hardware regarding components change, analyzing circuit schematics , comparing datasheets , understanding the role of components in electrical circuits and the importance of testing them.
Do you want to be part of a young and dynamic team on an Internship role? These should spark your interest:
• Create documentation for component changes on the series products;
• Present the reports to Project team and stakeholders ;
• Create Component Analysis ;
• Analyze various projects schematic;
• Collaborate with the system, software and mechanical teams in numerous applications;
• Support to ensure the continuous production of ECUs in several plants with HW expertise;
• Take initiative in proposing solutions for various situations in order to assess the technical risks on projects;
• Create technical analysis for component changes in projects
• Work and collaborate with colleagues around the globe;
With support from our experts, you can also have the possibility to work on your own Bachelor Thesis!
You can be a perfect match to our team if you:
• Are enrolled in the 4th year of studies or are a graduate in a relevant field (i.e. Electronics and Telecommunications, Electrotechnics, Medical Bioengineering, Automatics and Computer Science);
• Have basic knowledge of electronic circuits behavior;
• Ability to read and understand an electronic schematic;
• Proficient in English (reading, writing and speaking);
• Presentation skills;
• Ability to read component data sheet.
It is a plus:
• Basic knowledge about automotive technologies;
• Basic knowledge about Electromagnetic Compatibility;
• Basic functional safety knowledge;
• Experience with laboratory equipment’s (oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter etc.);
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
A propos de vous
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.