Technical Regulations Expert (TRE)
The Technical Regulations Expert is responsible for providing his/her specific expert know how out of his/her participation in meetings with authorities and associations to represent Continental and identify upcoming relevant standards and legal regulations in an early phase as well as by looking for and scanning possible sources.
The position is self leading with global role and responsibility.
▪ Scan regularly possible sources and identify new and upcoming publications regarding external standards and legal technical regulations, which are relevant for organization's products, considering all countries where the products are used or placed into markets.
▪ Inform Technical Regulation Manager (TRM) about potential sources which should be considered in their scanning process.
▪ Participation in committees, organizations as well as involvement in studies and groups, leading to regulatory changes.
▪ Participation in standardization.
▪ Conduct external (e.g. KBA, TÜV) & internal (e.g. subject matter experts) technical workshop if necessary.
▪ Collaborate with other Experts, moderated by Technical Regulation Manager (TRM), regarding overarching public affairs topics.
▪ Creation of draft documents (e.g. proposal for phrasing in standards and regulation).
▪ support TRM downloading or procuring of non-public available external standards and legal technical regulations.
▪ Provide TRM with draft version of upcoming external standards and legal technical regulations.
▪ support TRM to check for additional sources where translated versions are available (and qualify them).
▪Creation of common interpretation if needed in collaboration with other TREs.
▪ support TRM to enrich the documents (meta data) by adding information handled by the central database provided by group (e.g. regional scope, predecessor).
▪ Collaborate with TRMs and TRCs regarding communicating of common interpretation into the Organizations support.
▪ Add BA specific data (e.g. technology grouping) to each object within the specific tool to manage requirements.
▪ Decide if further support from a legal counsel is needed and flag respectively.
▪ Creation of interpretation (if found necessary).
▪ Support in case TRA request support for clarification (e.g. legal implications between various regions) by Continental legal counsel.
▪ Collaboration/information exchange with the respective Technical Regulation Experts (e.g. cross BA Network), and the TRMs & TRCs .
We are looking for:
▪ Academic Degree in Law, Science or Engineering.
▪ broad working experience in the area of R&D (in chemical or mechanical area).
▪ Experiences in external standards and legally technical regulations.
▪ Experiences in collaboration with Institutes, Associations, Authorities.
▪ Basic experiences in Project Management.
▪ Ability to communicate and collaborate with and in international teams.
▪ Advanced Business English experiences.
Lo que ofrecemos
What we offer:
-The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
-Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
-Hybrid schedule – Work-life balance is important, so we offer you a flexible schedule. Please agree this with your superior.
-Home office - We offer the possibility to work from home (the percentage is agreed with the superior according to the business needs).
-Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you a medical subscription through Signal Iduna.
-Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
-Bookster – Feed your body and your mind. You can borrow books and you’ll receive them at the office.
-Sports benefits- It’s important to stay active, so we offer you the 7Card.
-Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
-System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
-Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
-Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
-Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
-Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
-Transport from Timisoara area – You can choose to come with the bus provided by the company if you’ll work from the office.
-Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
-Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.