Mixing Operator IV
The Mixing Operator IV must be able to run the main control function for the Mixers. Must be able to read specifications, know all tire components used in Mixing, and follow safety and quality standards. The Operator must be able to effectively communicate in all technical, oral and written forms. Must have a high work standard pay attention to detail. Must have effective leadership and adaptability skills. The Operator must be able to show Technical/Professional Proficiency.
• Understand and know mixer machine parts and functions
• Know Mixing Control Room familiarity and tasks
• Run Control Room operation
• Know MMS (Mixing Management Systems)
• Follow Control Room procedures and standards
• Certified and use in Lock out tag out procedures & safety process of applicable equipment
• Use Applicable tools and utilization (Crane, knives, tape measures, etc)
• Know about start up and shut down activities
• Know Scrap and waste classification
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, and supervision.
Heavy work requiring lifting to 100#s maximum, with frequent lifting and or carrying up to 50#s. Exposed to high heat and dust. Must be able to stand the entire shift, frequently stoop, bend, walk long distances, climb stairs, and have the ability to manipulate a commercial truck tire. Push, pull demand is heavy. Full range of motion and the Ability to use both arms/hands to perform job. Work hours include off shift and weekends.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
• Drives forklifts and operate other material handling equipment as needed and is responsible for the proper care and safe operation of the material handling equipment.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Participate in improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
HS diploma /GED
1-3-year experience in manufacturing preferred
Forklift driving experience preferred
Willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends
Lo que ofrecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?