This position is accountable for leading, managing, and providing direction to the production processes at the Lincoln, NE facility. One major function of this position is to manage production operators to ensure achievement of production goals.
• Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by complying with corporate and governmental regulations as well as lean principles.
• Employee Relations skills are essential in this position; must be able to develop and maintain a relationship with hourly and salary associates.
• Provide hourly performance feedback, developmental strategies, coaching and ensure training needs are met.
• Participate in problem solving events and improvement projects.
• Ensure all associates are working to meet the organization’s metrics around safety, quality, delivery and cost.
• Perform audits on work rules, 6S, standard work and other plant objectives.
• Work with the operations manager to forecast staffing needs.
• Reports to the Operations Manager.
• Other duties as directed.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Prior manufacturing/production experience is required
- Strong leadership, presentation, problem-solving, and group dynamics skills.
- Ability to work off shifts as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2+ years of supervisor experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
Lo que ofrecemos
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Great Benefits & Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?