Value Engineer – R&D / Software
At Continental Autonomous Mobility, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class solutions to our automated driving products. As part of our truly international team, you are given the freedom to act in shaping the future in motion with us, in our Value Engineering Department.
As a Value Engineer for R&D and Software, you will be responsible for the cost optimization and transparency of Continental AM Component Business across the product lifecycle. Working in the Value Engineering department in close collaboration with the Component Business Program Management and leaders of product lines, your responsibilities are:
- Leading of interdisciplinary value engineering projects to optimize R&D costs and efforts, with special focus on software
- Creation of cost-efficient solutions for R&D and software development efforts based on analytically created calculations and functional analysis
- Leading cost discussions with product development, purchasing, external partners, customers, and suppliers based on deep technical understanding and defining negotiation approaches for implementing cost reduction initiatives
- Analysis and challenging of R&D and software requirements in terms of effort (sizing) in accordance to needed product maturity
- Validation of customer and supplier offers
- Identification of cost reduction potentials and support in the analysis of cost improvement solutions and market trends
- Strategic cost planning of R&D efforts to create overall cost transparency
- Establish dedicated know-how for cost-analytical evaluation of R&D and software development efforts.
- University degree in (business) informatics, computer science, general engineering or similar
- In-depth understanding of cost-drivers in the software development process, experience in working in large-scale software projects
- Experience in working in the field of value analysis, cost analysis
- In-depth knowledge of R&D and software cost calculation and effort estimation
- Profound professional experience in the areas of research and development, quotation, and effort estimation
- Very good presentation, moderation, and communication skills
- Negotiation experience with customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical thinking skills and structured way of working
- MS Office 365, industry standard calculation tools, SAP R/3
- Business fluent English skills (verbal and written).
Nice to have:
- Background in large-scale (automotive) project management, planning and execution
- Software project management or software consulting experience
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
- Multiple years of work experience in the automotive industry.
Lo que ofrecemos
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills, and language skills
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicles
- Ability to directly deliver software into real, innovative products
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.