Intern - Systems Engineering, Year-Round
The ADAS LiDAR Systems group is involved in the definition and product development of Automotive Long and Short-Range LiDAR sensors and related advanced vehicle sensing components.
Systems Engineering Intern Core Responsibilities:
- Elicits, analyzes, documents and validates the system requirements for a development project
- Creates the System Requirement Specification (according to required: quality, acceptance criteria, technical feasibility)
- Analyzes and handles change requests
- Discusses and clarifies system requirements with the customer, by involving the Project Manager, System Lead Engineer, and System Architect
- Reviews System Requirements with affected disciplines (HW, SW including Algo part, Test) and documents the reviews
- Baselines system requirements, and releases them according to the project planning
- Risk assessments for each release
- Functional Safety and Cybersecurity definition support.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Must be actively enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8 or higher
- Must be available to come onsite at our Santa Barbara location
- Must be enrolled in school for the next 12 months
- Must have a Junior class standing or higher
- Must be available to work on-site at our Carpinteria location
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
Lo que ofrecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.