Category Manager ADAS (m/f/diverse)
We are looking for you to support our ADAS Purchasing team as Category Manager OPD (m/f/diverse) at the location Lindau or Ulm. In this role you are responsible for the constant optimization of the costs of our purchased components as well as the strategic direction of the business area own category for optical devices. If this sounds interesting to you, join our purchasing team.
Your responsibilities are the following:
- Management, execution and leading of worldwide cost reduction projects to optimize and reduce supplier component pricing, tooling costs and investments for manufacturing equipment during sourcing phase and series production by detailed and complex analyses of relevant dimensions, e.g., material costs, volume, labour costs, production costs and tooling
- Alignment, definition, and implementation of the roadmap incl. identification of potential projects with savings potential on part and supplier level with all relevant stakeholders e.g., global automotive purchasing categories, program and project managers and product lines
- Reporting and tracking of the projects, knowledge transfer into the organization and continuous improvement of tools and processes
Furthermore, the tasks as Category Manager Optical Devices (m/f/diverse) are the following:
- Definition, roll out and sustainable implementation of the supplier strategy for the category OPD incl. material and supplier strategy reflecting the needs and demands of the business areas and product lines and developments of the global market
- Achievement of best market conditions for category parts and components in development phase, sourcing process as well in series production by bundling demands, driving negotiations and negotiation concepts as well supporting cost reduction and improvement programs
- Negotiation, finalization and maintenance of all relevant contracts e.g., strategic supplier contracts, supplier code of conduct, sourcing and tooling agreements, project agreements, NDA's, yearly pricing agreements
- Supplier management in conjunction with all cross-functional partners by active supplier panel management, leading and conducting strategic supplier meetings as well escalation management and claim management
- Academic degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Production or similar
- Several years of working experience, preferable in the automotive industry
- Fluent Business English (written and spoken)
- Strong communication skills and confident negotiation on different levels
- Willingness for international travelling
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome
Lo que ofrecemos
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry.
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment.
- We set great value to a pleasant working atmosphere, characterized by professional and personal appreciation, in which mutual support is a matter of course.
- Extensive design options and independent work in an international work environment characterized by flat hierarchies.
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values of passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another.
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart.
Shape the future of autonomous mobility with us!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.