Advanced Purchasing Engineer for SMY (TM)
As Advanced Purchasing Engineer you are Purchasing Representative in the quote and project team from acquisition phase to project SOP and responsible for all material specific topics, in detail for:
- Commercial evaluation of the material – BOM (Bill of Material) for all specific products of Business Area Smart Mobility (SMY) and Services for Europe Segments:
- Calculation of Bill-of-Material (BOM) in quote and development phase;
- Responsible for material target achievement: tracking of actual BOM costs versus award BOM (PCIS), definition of countermeasures together with project team and escalation to management of supplier, Category and Segment Management;
- Supporting cost-optimization-concepts in quote and project team for securing commercial targets during development by using technology and supplier benchmark activities and seeking for innovative and competitive supplier ideas;
- Implementing and transferring Continental´s material strategy into project life as interacting contact partner of project team with Category Purchasing:
- Continuous exchange and alignment of Business Area strategy with supplier and material strategy with Category Purchasing and Central Engineering;
- Defining and controlling the project milestones and steering countermeasures with early escalation towards suppliers:
- Including actively relevant suppliers in all development steps;
- Securing usage of newest material components in BOM (Component Review Meetings) for best competitiveness and material supply;
- Driving actively sourcing process:
- Responsible for all supplier quotations (Request for Quotation - RFQ) and securing competition by tailored supplier choice in alignment with sourcing team;
- Implementation of supplier and material strategy;
- Securing sourcing process including milestone tracking, Audit relevant documentation and participation and escalation in project review meeting within the segment;
- Supporting actively cost reduction programs for specific products after SOP by introduction of new components and/or suppliers (re-design to cost).
- Academic degree in business administration or engineering;
- Management skills, tools and techniques which ensures a strategic, profit and resulted oriented handling (Benchmarking, Presentation, etc.);
- Human relations skills (team skills, conflict management, open-mindedness, networking);
- Communication skills including Presentation and Negotiation techniques also operating in different cultures;
- Problem solving and decision-making tools and techniques;
- Procurement Process and Product Life Cycle (PLC) knowledge;
- Risk Management knowledge;
- Technical understanding of specific components and automotive requirements.
Lo que ofrecemos
- What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.