Simulation Engineer for Driverless Vehicles Software Testing
Virtual test methods are essential for the software development of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD) functions. In the role of simulation engineer, you are responsible for the further development and maintenance of existing vehicle simulation systems. You create virtual world scenes for scenario-based testing and develop analysis tools for the simulation output data. You can benefit from your experience in software development by being familiar with common continuous integration and testing strategies and tools.
As a team player, you appreciate learning from colleagues and are happy to share your insights with them. You see an opportunity for your personal development in working on projects distributed around the world and in international teams.
- Interface with the system requirements and safety teams
- Collaborate with the agile simulation expert team
- Develop and improve virtual test methods with emphasis on vehicle systems simulation
- Design test cases and implement them using simulation tools e.g. IPG CarMaker
- Program automated data analysis software with Python
- Integrate test tools to the automated CI/CT platform
- Analyze test data and report out to project team
- University degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or an equivalent field of study
- Very good programming skills in C++ and/ or Python
- Experience in Software Testing, ideally certified
- Experienced in CI/T tools like Jenkins, Github, Ansible etc.
- Deep understanding of autonomous driving systems and their development
- Experience in automotive SW-development processes and tools e.g. IPG CarMaker are beneficial
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Strong willingness to learn and high ability to self-organize
- Very good teamwork and communication skills
Lo que ofrecemos
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services