Hardware Project Manager for Passive Safety and Sensorics (SAM) Iasi
Do you still see future cars consisting in a driver and passengers? Do you still fear for car accidents? Well, we don’t anymore! Each one of us can contribute to a better future. You can do this on a daily basis on a Hardware Designer Internship role.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics.
More important, one research and development branch inside Continental - Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) - concentrates in Iasi in developing a state-of-the-art suspension system that improves vehicle stability when driving on the highway or passenger comfort on bumpy roads.
As a Hardware Project Manager in our group, you will:
Steer the hardware project development from planning trough integration and until final validation;
Make sure that the development is executed according to Continental’s processes;
Plan and track all hardware deliveries and related activities with core hardware team members, based on customer or internal milestones;
Make sure the customer’s requirements are met and the traceability of the requirements is complete;
Lead the Problem Resolution and Configuration Management processes;
Plan and perform hardware releases including all necessary activities, release documentation and reviews required for final release approval by the Release Director;
Act as an interface between Project Management team and the various development teams involved in function development;
Act as a technical interface between the customer and the hardware development team;
Manage and moderate discussions/workshops either internal or with worldwide customers;
A mentor will help you take on your own responsibilities, to become familiar with our products, tools, processes and organization.
University Degree (i.e. Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics, ...);
1 or more years of relevant experience in leading HW projects;
Medium-High Knowledge of reading and understanding of analogue and digital electronic schematics;
Knowledge of embedded systems, discrete controllers; (System architecture / design knowledge is a plus);
Ability to structure and decompose complex technical topics in simple and easy subcomponents;
Ability to take initiative and lead problems towards solutions;
Good planning and organization skills;
Good interpersonal skills;
The desire to be part of our international team environment;
Fluent in English (written and spoken).
We would also appreciate the following qualities:
Ability to work in a distributed team within a dynamic environment;
Basic knowledge of PSS product components;
Good understanding of the automotive development processes.
Lo que ofrecemos
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.