Responsibilities include testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of many different models of high voltage DC power supplies. These are sophisticated, high-end power converters with embedded microcontrollers. Typical workflow is 1 to 6 units per day, depending on the model.
- Power up, testing and calibration of switching power supplies for the first time, following detailed test procedures
- Read schematic diagrams to do some level of troubleshooting, with assistance available as needed.
- Repair manufacturing mistakes as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Some formal electronics education required
- Resistor color code, component identification
- Good soldering skills, ability to do SMT rework
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to move units to/from cart or table
- Ability to read and understand schematics and bills of material
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, multimeters and other test equipment
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgement, and attention to detail
- Ability to think clearly and logically
Lo que ofrecemos
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
We make individual mobility safer, more comfortable and more sustainable. As a partner to the automotive industry, Continental develops and manufactures components, modules and systems. The safety and comfort of road users are at the center of our work. In addition, we develop ever more products which contribute to the protection of the environment by reducing fuel consumption.
Continental is one of the five largest automobile suppliers worldwide. Our development centers and production facilities are located where our customers are, so we are always nearby – worldwide. Many of our business units have excellent competitive positions: We are number one worldwide for foundation brakes, safety electronics, telematics, vehicle instrumentation, and fuel supply systems, and number two for electronic brake systems and brake boosters. We are the fourth worldwide for tires and are the European market leader for passenger and light truck tires, winter tires, and industrial tires. Our ContiTech division is the world market leader for foils used in vehicle interiors, conveyor belts, as well as for air springs used in rail transportation technology.
The Plant is certified on TS 16949, ISO 14001, ANSI ESD S.20-2007, IEC 61340-5-1:2007.