ME Design Leader
Mechanical Development of Hydraulic Brake System. Generate and ensure product maturity of the assembly and components. Provide design constraints to the function carrier design. Consolidation of insights and determination of process related design features, assembly and components, taking into account assembly and manufacturing processes. Release recommendation.
▪Create release documentation for MLC 20,40,50,55,60,70,80 releases and guide ME Design engineer's releases are completed acc. milestones and document content meets requirements.
▪Create and update Component Matrix
▪Create, update, and release Design DFMEA
▪Define and update Special Characteristics and review ME Design engineer definition of SC
▪Create and update Prototype Control Plan
▪Start Feasibility Analysis (internal and external) and support / guide ME Design engineer's analysis with plant and suppliers
▪Define and release Service Parts (BOMs & Drawings)
▪Create and update Product Design and review ME Design engineer models
▪Create and upddate Product Structure (3D model, BOM, Drawings) and review ME Design engineer's products
▪Perform Design Freeze (via packaging analysis, model optimization, simulation & mechanical analysis, component definition, etc..), evaluate ME Design engineer's analysis
▪Create, update, and finalize 3D Function Models and review ME Design engineer models prior tool's Kick Off tools.
▪Create, update, and finalize 2D Drawings Sets and review ME Design engineer drawings prior tool's Kick Off tools.
▪Compare Process Models vs Functional Model and review ME Design engineer models prior tool's Kick Off tools.
▪Perform FRF Simulation Process Model vs Function Model
▪Create Design (Max Models) to perform component optimization
▪ Provide technical evaluations and documents acc to procedures to release change notifications for our suppliers
▪ Create technical presentations acc to Conti Standard to attend internal technical discussions
▪ Cost reduction proposals submision and evaluation based on feasability analysis
▪ Execute and store documentation according to procedures
▪ Create ECP as request for changes on Documents (Dwgs, MDS, others)
▪ Update tracking activities on time according to design control to follow current activities and projects
▪ Execute meetings for planning activities and execution for assigned projects or platforms to sucessful implementation and control of changes
▪ Update Master data information to complete correct IMDS data, and status verification with releases (IMDS)
▪ Attend special engineering builds and production sign-off (PSO) builds
▪ Create PPRs for design validation (DV) and product validation (PV) testing through contact with test engineers for test plans.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Preferred)
- 2 years as design engineer or related activities on automotive industry
- At least 1 year working on leading projects (automotive) and working with multidisciplinary teams acc. PLC.
- CAD drawing and modeling, software CATIA. Interpretation of tolerances and GD&T.
- Core tools knowledge (APQP, PPAP, FMEA. CP, SPC,MSA)
- Fluent English language capabilities to comunicate with technical terms, >50% of daily work with other locations.
- Demonstrated experience in administration of a project in multiple phases
Lo que ofrecemos
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services