Engineering Technician II
1. Start up new blow molding cell tooling and optimize process for quality and process rate.
2. Read and understand drawings and product specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, performance criteria and testing requirements.
3. Setup and change molds and automation stations with the assistance of the maintenance department.
4. Support production activities by providing blow molding process and equipment troubleshooting services.
• Train Production machine operators
• Document processes (includes creation of set-up sheets, SOPs and work instructions)
5. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6. Must be experienced in troubleshooting automated equipment including proximity sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc.
Experience in plastics molding. Blow molding experience preferred.
Must be able to operate computer controlled equipment.
Must be able to effectively use precision measurement equipment such as calipers.
No visa sponsorship.
Communications skills must include use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Knowledge of tools used for mechanical and electrical work required.
High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
Lo que ofrecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented technician to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?