PLC Technician - Weekend Shift
Continental Tire has been around for over 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all.
Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location at Plymouth, IN is seeking a PLC Technician to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting, upgrading and project management of the plant systems and equipment. Composition, training, implementation and maintenance of documentation and machine control media of plant systems and equipment based upon upgrades, installations and task procedures.
Additionally, you will pursue training, mentoring and offer instruction to maintenance personnel.
• Plan and aggressively pursue equipment and building projects. These projects will include: overhauls, upgrades, re-designs and installations. New and rebuilt equipment must be tracked using Reliability and Maintainability guidelines and techniques from conception to decommissioning.
• Coordinate with Plant Engineering department on schedules for labor, materials, downtime requirements and estimates of downtime length for individual projects.
• Work with Plant Engineering Staff to lower vendor base by:
o Standardizing components to equipment types by make, model and distributor.
o Specifying standardized components to equipment vendors/rebuilders.
o Specifying the best component available at the best price.
o Determining "on hand" inventory amounts, EOQ (Economic Order Quantities), re-order points, amounts and critical spare parts for equipment types based on data interpretation for equipment spare parts usage within MP2.
o Integration of procedures for spare parts storage, tracking, inventory, ordering and maintenance between spare part system and Purchasing /
o Inventory modules in MP2.
o Composing building and equipment specifications manual.
• Organize, compose and/or maintain equipment files, support documents, machine control media and programs, BOM's, drawings, manuals and updates to the CMM database.
• Perform various duties such as PLC programming and troubleshooting, machine support and engineering design work. Write/draw (using AutoCAD or sketches) instructions, BOM's and wire schedules for Maintenance personnel for upgrades.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 or more years of related experience
• Manufacturing automation and controls experience
• Familiarity with AutoCAD
• Required computer skills include proficiency in Office 365 Tools, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Rockwell Automation Software experience highly preferred
• Manufacturing experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Relocation is a non-negotiable benefit for this position. Sign-on bonus may be considered.
Lo que ofrecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.