System Test Engineer
The System Test Engineer in the Vehicle Integration Group will have an exciting opportunity to work on vehicles and advanced driver assistance technologies.
The job function includes the preparation and functional performance of the data acquisition system as it interacts with our ADAS products and the test vehicle. The data acquisition system may be configured for ADAS features such as Blind Spot Detection, Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Object Detection, Collision Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning and/or Prevention, Auto High Beam Assist, and Trailer Reverse Assist.
- Imaging, updating, troubleshooting vehicle test and data acquisition system which includes customer owned equipment
- Bumper Measurement TEST [BMT] and cluster testing [MultiPath testing]
- Bench activities for troubleshooting vehicle gateways
- Setup and configuring of Lidar (Ibeo, Velodyne, Leica ) reference systems [calibration , alignment, and integration into MTS
- Troubleshoot and debug DGPS issues and support with integration into MTS/data acquisition
- FOT/Regional projects support
- Support legacy and series projects
- Support DEMO, new acquisitions and project kickoffs
- Support internal customers with data acquisition topics
- Help Project teams define measurement technology for internal testing and customer needs
- Raise issues concerning base data acquisition MOs [Measurement Objects / DLLs] and sometimes project specific MOs [Measurement Objects / DLLs]
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Software development skills (Python, C+, etc.)
- Systematic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with strong focus on quality and customer orientation.
- Self-dependent with a high degree of passion, dedication and commitment.
- Valid driver license, ability to drive manual transmission.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally in support of vehicle integration activities.
- Vehicle communication and diagnostic system experience
Relocation assistance is not available for this opening
Visa sponsorship is not available for this opening
Preferred Qualifications and Desired competencies:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of vehicle level test experience.
- 2+ years of ADAS vehicle application experience.
- DOORS and IMS experience
- Knowledge of vehicle communication tools (i.e. Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, CAPL, etc.).
- Computerized data logging system knowledge.
- Able to read and interpret technical diagrams, specifications, and test procedures.
- Able to understand algorithm concepts to apply this understanding to performance data evaluation.
- Able to develop and apply creative, robust approaches to solving new test requirements.
- Continuous improvement mindset towards process and procedure development.
- Level 2 driver’s certification
Lo que ofrecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services