Intern - Purchasing, Summer 2023
The Purchasing group in Deer Park, IL is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented intern to join the team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
As a Purchasing Intern, you will gain a deep understanding of Continental’s business structure, suppliers and central purchasing’s methods and strategies.
The intern’s responsibilities include:
- Participate in various stages of the Commodity Management and Sourcing process within Purchasing, with a focus on special assignments
- Support the categories strategic sourcing activities
- Work with a global purchasing team
- Interact with suppliers, engineering, and senior managers
- Other assignments and duties driven by organizational and business needs
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursing a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, or Engineering
- Able to work up to 40 hours/week during the summer
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
- Must be able to work onsite at our Deer Park, IL location
- Minimum sophomore standing or higher
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Lo que ofrecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Acerca de nosotros
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion, and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display, and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?