Field Sales Representative - Ontario - Passenger & Light Truck Tire
This is an entry-level field sales position designed to lay the groundwork for a successful, long-term career with Continental, a global leader in future mobility solutions. The initial assignment will involve a lengthy training period (3-6 months) that provides a comprehensive understanding of the tire industry, our company, our sales strategy, and our customers. The training period will include extensive exposure to different departments across the Continental organization, opportunities to actively contribute while learning through special project assignments, participation in sales and management courses, and travel with our current field sales managers to gain hands-on experience.
Upon completion of the training period, field sales representative can look forward to:
• Company car and gas card
• Corporate credit card for all travel and business expenses
• Increased earning potential through Continental’s Sales Incentive Bonus Program, on top of a competitive base salary
The field sales representative position offers a significant amount of responsibility and independence compared to other entry-level roles. This autonomy is paired with the support, mentorship, and resources needed to ensure not only sales success, but also professional and personal growth.
• Achieve incremental annual sales growth in assigned territory by building relationships with Continental’s retail customers
• Conduct regular in-person meetings and training with existing Continental customers to grow share of account
• Analyze customer and market conditions in assigned territory to identify sales opportunities
• Assist sales managers in the development and execution of sales strategy within geographic areas of responsibility
• Determine weekly travel schedule based on territory sales strategy and individual goals
• Ensure the success of product launches and consumer promotions through effective communication and coordination of digital and point-of-sale marketing materials with customers
• Plan and attend customer events organized by Continental and customer base within assigned territory.
- Bachelor's degree OR 2+ years experience in sales or customer service if no degree.
- Ability to travel over 70% of the time in Ontario
- Valid Driver's License
- Thrives in new and dynamic settings
- Assumes ownership and responsibility for individual contributions
- Has a passion for working with diverse teams to deliver results
- Fluent in English
- Valid Canadian passport
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Bachelor's degree AND 2+ years experience in sales or customer service
- French language skills
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.