Power Distribution and Controls Engineer / Associate Engineer
- Support and control all maintenance activities 24/7 in order to ensure high grade of availability of equipment and energy efficiency.
- Plan, implement, optimize maintenance activities to ensure constant operation of area equipment according to the company and internal policies to provide area production machineries technical availability.
- Maintain Electrical power distribution system, MessDas, BMS system, control system on utility equipment.
- Ensures a proper diagnostic of electrical problems, repair and restart of equipment and systems in the area of responsibility in case of breakdowns.
- Identify risks and identify needed spare parts. Manage equipment’s spare part in cooperation with Purchasing Department.
- Ensures Environment, Safety and Health requirement fulfillment in the area of responsibility. Informs and insures involvement of area employees on ESH issues.
- Identifies, analyses, and ensures the implementation of potential improvements (including costs savings, downtime and scrap reduction) in cooperation with other departments.
- Support Energy Efficiency Engineer to maintain, set-up and repair energy meter and communication.
- Work with machine suppliers in a professional manner, communicate problems, collaborate towards solutions, and implement these solutions.
- Lead Structured Problem-Solving initiatives and compile reports, presentations and guidelines in a professional manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks. Train and participate to the evaluation of electricians in the area.
- Maintain updated documentation in the area (electrical plants, troubleshooting guides, etc.).
- Protection, Creation of Backups and Maintenance of control system software, such as IPC's, PLC's, Drives, Communication Devices, etc.
- Being part of an on-call rotation structure to support utilities and maintenance team.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Related Discipline or
• Currently enrolled in Engineering program and have minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Previous tire manufacturing experience
• Maintenance background
• Experience in Substation maintenance, HV/MV Transformers, Relay Protection, VFDs
• Experience with Siemens and / or Johnsons PLC's
• Experience with Energy Monitoring and Control systems, BMS, SCADA systems
• SAP PM Experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?