Head of Polymer Forming & Moulding Technology (m/f/diverse) - REF49314R
The goal of Technology and Process Development is to lay the foundation for innovation in the Original Equipment Solutions (OESL) Business Area and to become the leading provider of advanced and intelligent products for the automotive industry.
In your role as global lead of the team Polymer Forming & Moulding Technologies you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead and inspire the team for the development of new products and processes to ensure impactful innovations
- Drive developments in the area of polymer forming and molding technologies to clear targets and track them
- Personal development of team members
- Drive conceptional ideas to unique selling points
- Translate the customers needs into robust solutions
- Technical cooperation with internal and external material, component or machine suppliers to support new developments and cost improvements
- Technical cooperation with our customers on advanced development projects in early stage to gain competitive advantages
- Review developments internal and external with respect to technical content and intellectual property
- Presentation of developments and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Academic degree (mechanical or automotive engineering, plastics technology, chemical or material science or similar field)
- Several years of experience in the area of plastics processing, especially in one or more of the relevant technologies such as extrusion, injection molding, blow molding, plastics thermoforming or welding
- Advanced knowledge in the application of project management methodologies
- First leadership experience (capacity planning, talent development, conflict management, networking, moderation and negotiation)
- Fluent English and German language skills written and spoken
- Ability to be an emphatic leader in a VUCA and BANI environment
- Intercultural competence
- Willingness to travel (10-20%)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
The well-being of our employees is important to us. That's why we offer exciting career prospects and support you in achieving a good work-life balance with additional benefits such as:
- Training opportunities
- Mobile and flexible working models
- and much more...
Sounds interesting for you? Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.