Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mount Vernon, IL location is seeking Hourly Production Team Members. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Hourly production team members must be able to:
- Receive written and oral instructions as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements.
- Follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and keep work areas neat, clean and orderly.
- Be able to effectively communicate with supervision, other personnel, and any supplying department supervision.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Operate various pieces of equipment and be prepared to meet production standards and specifications.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient performance of assigned tasks.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina, have an eagerness to learn on the job, and pay great attention to detail.
- Understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline.
Positions range in salary from $17.58-26.00+/hour.
Continental operates on a 24/7 schedule. Team member shifts are assigned based on seniority.
- May be required to work in non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
- May be required to bend at waist, knees and stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift 50+ pounds when necessary.
Candidates offered a position will be asked to submit to drug testing.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- High school Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Millwright - Manufacturing/Production
Extrusion Crew Member
FGWH Material Handler
Blow Molding Operator BMD2 (6am-6pm)
Blow Molding Operator BMD2 (6am-6pm)